I really should learn to stop rambling. Anyway, the topic of choice today is all about the social media trends of the lovely year of 2014 and hashtags is just one of them.
Google has been around us forever since 1998 and since then it has evolved into its own being. Before, we had our normal Gmail accounts and now we don't just have that, but the whole of Google as well! What makes it even cooler is that it is integrated with Youtube and so many more products. Thus, Google+ is born.
Guess what tends to put Google into my good books? the amazing, wondrous invention known as the Google Glass. If I could afford it, it would be the first high tech gadgety thing I would buy. When I heard about Google Glass, I thought that the idea was fantastic. Eye wear that works like a computer attached to your face. Apparently it is just like a smartphone with the same features, but it is hands free.
There are quite a few platforms for Social Listening such as HowSociable, Klout, Topsy, Sysomos and IceRocket. Usually companies, individuals or organisations use this tool to know what is being said about their product or brand. Although, not only does it help the company and what not, but it also helps the customer to find and gather more insight on content or ideas as well as other social media listening platforms. On a larger scale from a community point of view, it will help a company to identify where communities are, either if they are online or offline as well as to know who the company is competing against.
Phew! One seriously needs to know what is going on these days hey? It seems that technology is growing at the speed of a blink. Every year there seems to be something new on the block.
I do hope that this was as engaging for you as it was for myself. Just researching and finding out what is there before my very nose is mind boggling.
See you all out there on the interwebs!
- Johnson, J. (2014). Social Media Trends 2014 -Social Media Predictions - Video and Infographic. Available: http://www.janetejohnson.com/social-media-trends-2014/. Last accessed 15 May 2014.
- Murphy, M. (2014). Top 10 Social Trends for Summer 2014. Available: http://socialmediatoday.com/margaretmurphydidit/2420986/10-social-media-trends-summer-2014. Last accessed 15 May 2014.
- Essany, M. (2014). 7 Social Media Trends Dominating 2014. Available: http://www.mobilemarketingwatch.com/7-social-media-trends-dominating-2014-40949/. Last accessed 15 May 2014.
- Rouse, M. (2013). Social Media Listening . Available: http://searchcrm.techtarget.com/definition/Social-media-monitoring. Last accessed 15 May 2014.
- Bensen, C. (2010). 3 Reasons to dig deeper in Social Listening . Available: http://www.convinceandconvert.com/guest-posts/3-reasons-to-dig-deeper-in-social-listening/. Last accessed 15 May 2014
- Google. (2014). Our history in depth. Available: http://www.google.co.za/about/company/history/. Last accessed 19 May 2014.
- The Voopler. (2014). 10 Fashion Victim Flu Symptoms!. Available: http://voopl.com/10fashion-victim-flu-symptoms/. Last accessed 15 May 2014.
- Khan, M. (2014). 30+ Facebook Smiley Faces. Available: http://stylegerms.com/facebook-smiley-faces/. Last accessed 22 May 2014.
- Burrows, B. (2014). What is Google Glass? All you need to know about the state-of-the-art wearable tech. Available: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/what-google-glass-how-look-3513110. Last accessed 22 May 2014.
- Epstein, J. (2012). 8 Great Social Media Listening Tools. Available: http://blog.getambassador.com/8-great-social-media-listening-tools/. Last accessed 22 May 2014.